How to Pack the Perfect Pet First Aid Kit
As a pet parent, you know accidents can happen. Your dog stumbles on a walk and breaks a toenail. Your cat comes home from an outdoor excursion with a strange cut. Regardless, being prepared is key to handling unexpected injuries, and a first aid “emergency” kit is the first step towards helping your pet make a full and speedy recovery. Just as you keep first aid supplies on-hand for your human family members at home and in your car, a first aid kit for your pet is an easy way to make sure you have what you need, whether you’re caring for a torn toenail, laceration, or a more serious injury that needs immediate attention before heading to your veterinarian.
A pet first aid kit should contain everything you need to provide care wherever you are, so you’re ready for the unexpected. (And let’s be honest – pets always find ways to injure themselves at the most inconvenient times – like the middle of the night!) Many of the items in a pet first aid kit are the same things you would have in a human first aid kit and can be purchased at a pharmacy, grocery store, or local pet store.
A well-stocked pet first aid kit should include:
- Wound care products
- Bandages of different sizes
- Absorbent gauze pads
- Non-stick pads
- An instant ice pack
- An emergency blanket
- Disposable gloves
- Cotton balls or pads
- Scissors with a blunt end
- Medical tape
- Self-adhesive bandage wrap
- An extra leash
- Carrying case to keep everything together
One Convenient Kit
Before you get overwhelmed at the amount of shopping you have to do, we have a super simple solution: Curicyn’s Pet Care Kit. Our Pet Care Kit is a handy, convenient and include all the essentials listed above, with the bonus of several of our best-selling non-toxic and proven wound and skin care products. We even provide a helpful pet first-aid care manual, and it all comes in a compact, lightweight carrying case.
Our 35-piece “Emergency” Pet Care Kit includes:
- Original Wound & Skin Care Formula: Our go-to wound cleaner and wash for cuts, scrapes, rashes, burns, abrasions, and other injuries. It not only cleans, but promotes faster healing too. It can be safely used on any external area of your dog, cat, bird, reptile, or other pet.
- Eye Care Solution: A soothing formula that cleans the eye, reduces irritation and inflammation, and removes debris and bacteria.
- Wound Care Clay: A combination of Original Formula and refined clay, this thicker solution protects and helps heal wounds in areas that might be hard to bandage, including paws, bellies, and faces.
- BodyGuard Fly, Flea, Tick & Insect Repellant: Our botanical oil-based formula is 3x as effective at keeping away insects that can introduce bacteria to open wounds or inflame already irritated skin.
A Pet Parent’s Purrfect Gift
Curicyn’s Pet Care Kit makes an easy, ideal gift for all the pet parents in your life. This holiday, give yourself, family, and friends the gift of peace of mind! If any of their pets end up hurt or injured, they’ll be able to get immediate first aid care from the comfort of home. (And for horse owners, we have a special Equine Triage Kit perfect for their barn or stable!)
Be prepared – whether you’re staying home, traveling near or far, or even just driving to the dog park. Your furry friend will thank you for it!